What better way to dust off this blog than to join a few reading challenges this year? :)
I’m very much a mood reader so I’m not going to list any books I plan to read because more times than I can count, that usually doesn’t work for me. I tend to let me mood lead me. This was a challenge I hosted previously before I passed it on to Brianna @ The Book Vixen when things changed around here. I haven’t joined any challenges in the last few years beyond keeping a list at Goodreads of what I’ve read so I’m looking forward to joining the rest of the ladies who signed up for this one.
If you’re interested in joining us, the link to Brianna’s blog post is below. Good luck!
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015 (books read prior to 1/1/2015 do not count towards the challenge). You can join anytime before 9/30/2015. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read as many Contemporary Romance books as you’d like. Books that qualify for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. Books can be M/F, M/M, or F/F. Books must be a work of fiction (sorry, nonfiction does not qualify for this challenge). Romances with the following elements do not qualifyfor this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- To join this challenge, grab the 2015 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge button below and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc., so as long as you have a dedicated shelf for the 2015 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge and your profile is not private. The point of linking up is to have a place where people can see what you’re reading.
- 1st Base: read 1 – 5 books
- 2nd Base: read 6 – 10 books
- 3rd Base: read 11 – 15 books
- Home Run: read 16 – 20 books
- Grand Slam: read 21+ books